SCREEN-L Archives

March 2006, Week 1

From:
Lou Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2006 17:44:01 -0600
Call for Papers

2006 Film and History League Conference

"The Documentary Tradition"

www.filmandhistory.org

AREA: Errol Morris

Documentary filmmaker Errol Morris is known for winning the 2005 Academy Award for Best Documentary for The Fog of War; for his 1998 film The Thin Blue Line, which both resulted in the release of death-row inmate Randall Adams and introduced the now-familiar dramatic reenactment; and for his device known as the Interrotron, which allows direct eye contact (ostensibly) between the subject and the spectator.   He is a leading contemporary practitioner in "the documentary tradition."

We are inviting submissions on all aspects of the non-fiction work of Errol Morris, including his full-length documentaries, his television series First Person, and his ads for the Move On/Kerry campaign.

Deadline for submission is July  21, 2006.  Earlier electronic submissions of

250-word abstracts are preferred.

The Film and History League conference details can be found at

www.filmandhistory.org.  The meeting will run from 8-12 November, 2006, in the Dolce Conference Center near the DFW airport.  A spectrum of other areas will evolve on the web site over time.

Send all inquires and proposals to

Dr. Lou Thompson

Department of English, Speech,

     and Foreign Languages

Texas Woman's University

Denton, TX 76204

940.898.2347

Dr. Lou Ann Thompson
Professor of English
Department of English, Speech,  and Foreign Languages
Texas Woman's University
Denton, TX 76204

"One Law for the Lion and the Ox is Oppression"--William Blake

"It could be worse.  I could be Sting."--Ozzie Osbourne

http://www.ScreenSite.org