SCREEN-L Archives

February 2006, Week 1

From:
Scott Hutchins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 5 Feb 2006 21:14:55 -0500
Can anyone think of anything additional?

I came up with the following for him:

Born in Flames (Lizzie Borden, 1983)
The Gifted (Audrey King Lewis, 1993)
Dr. Black, Mr. Hyde (William Crain, 1976)
The Carrier (Nathan J. White, 1988)
Romero's Dead trilogy
Meschach Taylor and Chuck Berry's cameos in _Explorers_ (Joe Dante, 1985)
Aliens (James Cameron, 1986)
Demolition Man (Marco Brambilla, 1993)
Daybreak with Omar Epps & Moira Kelly
Welcome II the Terrordome
*batteries not included

<<Scott,

I'm working on a documentary film with a friend of mine about black science fiction. You have a handle on obscure films, and you might be able to help in some form. Mostly, I'm in search of sci-fi related films that are related to black issues or characterization. I'd be grateful if you had some books or sites for reference as well. I have a majority of typically known blaxploitation and some other stuff that is easily attainable, again any help would be appreciated. thanx in advance.>>

Sent via the WebMail system at cix.csi.cuny.edu

http://www.ScreenSite.org