SCREEN-L Archives

February 2006, Week 1

From:
Gary Harmon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Feb 2006 13:14:09 EST
For Lou Ann Thompson:

The films of Zhang Yimou are all very good representations of women in parts
of Chinese
culture. In particular, consider Raise the Red Lantern, The Road Home, or Not
One Less,
for examples.   You could do worse than to use several of his films in your
first course.
The films are very "teachable," in my experience with them.

Gary Harmon
University of North Florida
Jacksonville, Florida