SCREEN-L Archives

December 2005, Week 2

From:
Flanagan Martin J <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Dec 2005 13:10:26 -0000
Hi everyone

Next year I will be delivering a new module on Media History which will
feature a limited amount of material pertaining to radio. I have very
little experience academically with radio and am being helped out by an
obliging historian who is kindly delivering a session but I will need to
track down some audio resources, both to support the lecture(s) and for
the students to work with when they get to the assessment stage. We have
lots of radio drama stuff at my institution but nothing of a non-fiction
nature and certainly nothing going back more than 30 years.

Does anybody know where I could source commercially available recordings
(particularly of UK interwar radio - special events, political speeches
etc) or alternatively any useful databases, websites or UK
universities/media archives that are particularly rich in radio from the
first half of the 20th century?

Cheers

Martin

Dr Martin Flanagan