SCREEN-L Archives

September 2005, Week 4

Date:
Sun, 25 Sep 2005 13:14:43 -0500
Greetings,

Just wanted to let you know that the latest issue of Flow: A critical forum
on television and media culture is out. This issue features columns by Clare
Bratten, John Nguyet Erni, Heather Hendershot, Derek Kompare, David Lavery, Tom
McCourt, and Ken S. McAllister and Judd Ethan Ruggill.

Please visit the journal at http://www.flowtv.org to read these columns and
contribute responses to them.

This issue's columns in brief:

"Sim City or Dream City? Computer Imaging in the Reconstruction of Iraq" by
Clare Bratten:
Technology is affording visual and virtual realization of a new Iraq.

"War, Incendiary Media, and International Law (Part I)" by John Nguyet Erni:
The first of a three part series on media and warfare from a human rights
perspective, this column focuses on defining what media/information
intervention is.

"I Loved Lucy in the Sixties" by Heather Hendershot:
A fond look back at I Love Lucy's later incarnation.

"Reality TV" by Derek Kompare:
How Hurricane Katrina can reshift how we define reality TV worth watching.

"Get Lost in a Good Story: Serial Creativity on a Desert Island" by David
Lavery:
Can Lost sustain its suspense while retaining the good faith of and credibility
with a deeply inquisitive viewership, determined to puzzle out its mysteries?

"Soap in the Chocolate Bar" by Tom McCourt:
Does Apple's new iPod Nano represent greater freedom for digital music users?

"An Analog Form in a Digital Box: Sitcoms, Mitcoms, and New Media Pliancy" by
Judd Ethan Ruggill and Ken S. McAllister:
Everyone Frags Raymond - When computer games and TV forms collide.

We look forward to your visit.

Best wishes,

Flow Editorial Staff