SCREEN-L Archives

June 2005, Week 4

From:
"Peter C. Rollins" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Jun 2005 17:55:32 EDT

FILM &  HISTORY:  CALL FOR PAPERS

2006 REGIONAL PCA/ACA  CONFERENCE
Albuquerque, New  Mexico

The Film &  History Area of the Southwest Popular Culture Association
invites papers for  the 2006 PCA/ACA Regional Conference
to be held at the Hyatt Regency on  February 8-11, 2006.

The Area covers a  wide range of subject matter.
In the recent past,  for example, we have had papers on
films and the Second World War, Westerns  and their
relationship to American history, British propaganda
shorts  during the same conflict, early film pioneers in
Florida, and Hollywood's  film adaptation of "Death of
a Salesman".  The participants come from  all over the
world to this  exotic—and warm--city.
The deadline for  submission of abstracts and/or papers is
NOVEMBER 15, 2005.  Earlier submissions are  urged.

Please submit a title, a brief 50-word summary of what your
piece is about, and e-mail them along with your
e-mail details  to:

Peter C. Rollins, Film & History
Also, check the Film  & History web site for some idea
of what kind of papers  are appropriate:
www.filmandhistory.org
NOTE:  All  presenters must be members of the PCA
and must register for the  conference.  Membership
and registration forms are on the web site for  the
organization:
www.h-net.org/~swpca/

You  are highly encouraged to enhance your presentation
through  audio-visuals.  Each conference room will be
equipped with a DVD  player/projector/screen.  No other
equipment is available.

If you have specific days and times at which you would like
to  present, please let me know at the time of submission.
I will forward  your request to the schedulers.
Please be aware that not all requests  can be honored.
Professionally, it is  best to attend the meeting as an
event rather than to  parachute in for your panel.

http://www.ScreenSite.org