SCREEN-L Archives

May 2005, Week 4

From:
"Larsson, Donald F" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 May 2005 06:25:35 -0500
Alan Bridges' THE SHOOTING PARTY (1985) is another possibility.  Also see MAYERLING (the 1936 Anatole Litvak version with Charles Boyer is probably a better bet than the 1936 version with Omar Sharif. ) There's a strong sense of that historic disruption in JULES AND JIM, even though it's not a central focus of the film.

Don Larsson
"Only connect!"  --E.M. Forster
Donald F. Larsson
Department of English