SCREEN-L Archives

May 2005, Week 2

From:
"Peter C. Rollins" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 May 2005 11:02:57 EDT
 (http://www.h-net.msu.edu/~filmhis/conference_events/conference_videos.htm)

Dear Film Scholars,

    Over the last few weeks, I have read a few  manuscripts about WAR IN FILM
and
these items naturally suggested the wonderful conference we conducted last
Fall
on the topic.

    We have a Proceedings DVD in production right now  from the conference
and it
will consist of nearly 75 papers and video items from the meeting.   The
papers will
be word-searchable, a wonderful opportunity for scholars.

    We should have details on the PROCEEDINGS on the  Film & History web site
soon.  It will be finished and ready for distribution by  December.

    In the meantime, please watch a video of the  Lawrence Suid lecture to the
meeting at the address below:

_http://www.h-net.msu.edu/~filmhis/conference_events/conference_videos.htm_
(http://www.h-net.msu.edu/~filmhis/conference_events/conference_videos.htm)

If you have electronic problems, go to the web site main page and click  to
the conference and click to the video:   _www.filmandhistory.org_
(http://www.filmandhistory.org)

Anyone who owns Suid's GUTS AND GLORY (Revised ed, UP of Kentucky)
will particularly enjoy this presentation since it adds a personal touch to
the
scholarship.

Peter Rollins, Editor-in-Chief,
Film & History: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Film and Television  History
_www.filmandhistory.org_ (http://www.filmandhistory.org)