SCREEN-L Archives

January 2005, Week 3

From:
"J. Emmett Winn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 11:49:04 -0600
RE: Communication GTA positions available at Auburn University

Auburn University's Department of Communication and Journalism
currently has Graduate Teaching Assistantship positions for qualified
applicants enrolled in our Master Degree programs available for the
2005-2006 academic year.

Graduate teaching assistantships provide wages of approximately
$9,300.00 on a 9 month schedule and carry a graduate fellowship for
tuition waiver. GTAs assist and teach in a variety of courses.
Assistantships are awarded on the basis of the undergraduate GPA, GRE
scores, letters of recommendation, the applicant's statement of purpose,
and GTA application form. Assistantships cannot be awarded until
admission to the Graduate School for study in the Department of
Communication & Journalism has been approved. The first round deadline
for applications is March 1, 2005. Second round deadline is June 1,
2005.

The Department of Communication & Journalism offers two graduate
programs: Master of Arts-thesis and the Master of Arts-non-thesis. The
graduate degree programs are designed to enhance existing knowledge and
skills in communication theory and research, mass communication,
communication studies, rhetoric, and public relations. The programs are
structured to emphasize theoretical knowledge and research skills.
Blending theory with application promotes original research from our
graduate candidates.

The Department features a highly qualified academic and professional
faculty whose credentials include books, textbooks, journal articles,
monographs, professional association presentations, national
affiliations, regional affiliations, offices in national associations,
professional and industry experience, plus many service-oriented
contributions to the fields of Communication, Broadcasting, Journalism,
and Public Relations.

If you are interested in learning more about our graduate program,
please visit our web site at
http://www.auburn.edu/~winnjoh/Grad/info.html. On this page you will
find descriptions of our department, our faculty, the graduate courses
we offer, and the courses of study you may pursue. You can also contact
the Graduate Program Officer, Dr. J. Emmett Winn, at [log in to unmask]
or 334.844.2761.

http://www.ScreenSite.org