SCREEN-L Archives

October 2004, Week 3

From:
Angelica Fenner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Oct 2004 19:07:28 -0500
Hello everyone,

I am doing some research into what I want to refer to as "the aural turn" in
film theory, as signalled in the works of Chion, Rosolato, and the several
anthologies on sound (Belton, et al). I am wondering whether anyone is aware
of any literature out there that offers a meta-critique/assessment of this
historical evolution in filmic discourse?

And on a related topic  ... is anyone familiar with any articles that
theorize the role of silence (aka dead space) in the talking head
documentary form?

Thank you, as always, Angelica Fenner

Angelica Fenner
Assistant Professor
325 Odette Hall
Germanic Languages and Literatures / Cinema Studies Program
University of Toronto
Toronto, Ontario  M5S 1J4   CANADA
Tel. 416-926-2326  Fax. 416-926-2329

http://www.ScreenSite.org