SCREEN-L Archives

September 2004, Week 5

From:
Mark Nornes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 2004 16:44:54 +0900

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for films & references on unions and labour movements.
> Any suggestions?

In the next few weeks I will be publishing a large, online collection
of materials from Prokino. This was the prolaterian film movement in
Japan in the late 20s and early 30s. Aside from their books, journals,
and some unique censorship materials, I'll be including quicktimes of
their extent films. I'll announce it on Screen-L when it finally goes
public.

In the mean time, you can learn more about Prokino in my book Japanese
Documentary Film.
Markus

A. M. Nornes
University of Michigan