SCREEN-L Archives

September 2004, Week 5

From:
John Dougill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 2004 22:56:28 +0900
More recently there is also Brass and Billy Elliot showing strikes at
coal mines in Britain.....

The Peter Sellers film I'm Alright Jack (1959) was a biting satire of
British trade unionism.  Ken Loach's Bread and Roses is a powerful case
for unionisation in its portrayal of cleaners in LA.  And his
Navigators shows what happens when unions are broken by privatisation
on British railways.....