SCREEN-L Archives

September 2004, Week 4

From:
Rainer Maria Köppl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 12:29:34 -0400
The Criterion Collection -DVD of
Kurosawa's Seven Samurai has an audio commentary by Japanese film
expert Michael Jeck.
Excellent.

Rainer

Rainer M. Koeppl
Institute for Theater, Film and Media Studies
University of Vienna
Hofburg, Batthyanystiege
1010 Wien
AUSTRIA, Europe

www.univie.ac.at/film/personal/koeppl.htm

www.eloise.at

On 20.09.2004, at 01:47, Henry S Breitrose wrote:

> After some initial experiences with shallow or just plain silly
> commentaries on DVD "Special Editions," I wonder whether anyone has
> positive recommendations regarding DVD releases that have additional
> materials which in some way illuminate the film, the process of film
> making, or the art of cinema. Recommendations, please?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Henry Breitrose
> Department of Communication
> Stanford
>
> ----
> For past messages, visit the Screen-L Archives:
> http://bama.ua.edu/archives/screen-l.html

Prof. Dr. Rainer Maria Köppl