SCREEN-L Archives

July 2004, Week 2

From:
"Larsson, Donald F" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 2004 09:58:47 -0500
One place to look in the silent era is in international productions in
Germany, particularly through the "Parufamet" partnership of Paramount,
UFA, and MGM.  Translation of title cards would have been the least of
the problems faced by these films, such as METROPOLIS.  See the review
of the METROPOLIS dvd at:
http://www.dvdscan.com/silent1.htm

There are a number of good film history print sources about this
particular arrangement.

Don Larsson

"Only connect."  --EM Forster
Donald F. Larsson