SCREEN-L Archives

February 2004, Week 3

From:
Scott Hutchins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 22:59:00 -0600
I'm looking to see if any material has been written on Gian-Carlo
Menotti's _The Medium_ (1951) outside of books devoted to work on
Menotti (many biographies and analyses exists, but I doubt any from
a film studies perspective as opposed to music--I will find out when
I go to Lincoln Center tomorrow).  Also significant is the
participation of Alexander Hammid on the film which makes one wonder
how much of an impact he had on the overall look of the film.

Scott Andrew Hutchins