SCREEN-L Archives

December 2003, Week 1

From:
Ron Leming <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 13:07:30 -0600
"Bela Lugosi was dead before "Plan 9" went into production. Wood used
some generic MOS footage of Lugosi he had shot earlier when creating
the film."

Actually, Wood filmed Lugosi after he got out of the hospital with
nothing in mind except a way to make Bela think he was working and to
get a few bucks to him. They were friends and Wood was trying to help
him out. When he did come up with Plan 9, he remembered the footage and
basically built the film around it. And while Plan 9 has often been
touted as the worst film ever made, I have to say, I've seen 100s of
films that are far worse, including a few Ed wrote for other people.
--
This time of year, the frost on the ground and the chill in the air fill
me with energy and goodwill. They also fill me with thankfulness that I

http://www.bonestructure.net