SCREEN-L Archives

May 2003, Week 5

From:
Jessica Rosner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 May 2003 12:12:21 -0400
I just saw the perfect film but alas it is NOT available on video
THE PIED  PIPER is a wonderful and much neglected Fox film from 1942
with Monte Wooly as a crusty old Englishman on a fishing holliday in France
who finds himself trapped by invading Nazis. He ends up sheparding an
growing group of young children out of the country. This film is neglected
gem so if it ever pops up on TV you should tape it and show it to her
Terrific performances from the kids and a wonderful twist ending featuring
one of Otto Preminger's great Nazi officer performances.
--
Jessica Rosner
Kino International