SCREEN-L Archives

May 2003, Week 2

From:
BARBARA BAKER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2003 10:32:01 -0500
I´m not sure if any of these have been published, although some may appear on websites (maybe unauthorized).

I do know that when I have wanted to find film scripts, I´ve gone to the archival resources at the following libraries (as far as I remember, none will let screenplays be checked out or copied, but you can read them):

In Los Angeles, CA:
The Herrick (Academy) Library
USC Library
UCLA library

In London:
The British Film Institute

Lots of historical and current screenplays are in these libraries. There probably are similar libraries in New York and other places.

Barbara L. Baker
Professor
Dept. of Communication
Central Missouri State University
Warrensburg, MO. 64093
USA
>>> [log in to unmask] 05/12/03 07:46 AM >>>
I have a colleague who is looking for copies of the original film scripts
(or closest thing to them) of the following titles "preferably" in English.
Anyone information on if and where any of them might be published would be
appreciated.

Please reply to: [log in to unmask]

Thanks much.

1. Twentieth Century.