SCREEN-L Archives

February 2003, Week 1

Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 13:07:34 EST
In a message dated 2/6/03 12:11:23 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

> > >Blackmail (Alfred Hitchcock, 1929)
> >
> > Already on a Laserlight DVD.
>
> Are Laserlight DVDs any good?  Their CDs tend to be well produced, even if
> the content is nothing special.

Not speaking about Laserlight though I suspect it's a very public domain
version, but a German distributor has brought out an official BLACKMAIL
release in a supposedly wonderful DVD with both the sound and silent
versions. I'm sure you can find it by going to Amazon's German website.

And for those who need DVD players that can be easily adapted to play all
zones and PAL, there's one from Best Buy (the Cypberhome CH-500 as I recall)
for $69.95 that pretty good.

Dennis Doros
Milestone Film &   Video
PO Box 128