SCREEN-L Archives

November 2002, Week 1

From:
Po-Chen Tsai <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Po-Chen Tsai <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 12:11:52 -0600
Zhang Zhen (NYU) does great work on early Chinese cinema. Find out her dissertation if you could (not sure about its accessibility.)

"An amorous history of the silver screen" : film culture, urban modernity, and the vernacular experience in China, 1896-1937 / by Zhen Zhang. Ph. D. dissertation, University of Chicago (1998)