SCREEN-L Archives

October 2002, Week 4

From:
Neal King <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 08:54:29 -0500
Reagan,
    The Coca-Cola Kid comes to mind.  Eric Roberts travels to the Aussie
outback to colonize the one place on the planet not selling Coke, and produces
a commercial starring local talent, including an Aboriginal pipist, hoping to
lure people from their "native" drink.  It's a very silly movie, of course.
Also, the Verhoeven/Neumeier films Robocop and Starship Troopers offer
wonderful media parodies.

--
Associate Professor of Humanities and Women's Studies
Center for Interdisciplinary Studies

(540) 231-8174
fax (540) 231-7013
http://filebox.vt.edu/users/nmking/