SCREEN-L Archives

October 2002, Week 3

From:
Peter Rollins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 10:34:13 EDT
Addendum Day for West(s) Conference
November 7-9, 2002
www.filmandhistory.org

Today is our addendum day,
For if you wish to speak the program is away.

The Western films will be plenty, of course,
And every hero will ride a horse and
Ole Cawelti, John will be our source..

If you'd like to see the program, then take a peak
For it went up on our web site this very week,
And many talks, no tongue in cheek,
Will address Cawelti's "Six-Gun Mystique"!

Many on frontiers inner and outer,
Some are happy and a few are a pouter
But all of them gleam and look right pretty
As we prepare for Kansas City.

So if you're hankerin' for cowboy stories,
Check out our program with all of its glories.
It is public and is no mystery,
Courtesy of Film & History!

www.filmandhistory.org

(This doggerel poem was found in the
Film & History offices by Peter Rollins--
who takes no credit for its poetic merits
or demerits.  [log in to unmask])