SCREEN-L Archives

October 2002, Week 3

From:
Gary Harmon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 16:01:59 EDT
 I am giving a talk on dreams as depicted in movies - such as Spellbound, Wild
Strawberries, etc.  I would be interested if anyone can think of some other
films which have dreams in them, where the dreamer him/her self is depicted
as well.
Thank you,
Justin A. Frank, MD
Washington DC

Consider these
Dreams in Films titles:

    8 1/2
    Juliet of the Spirits
    The Last Temptation of Christ
    The Emerald Forest
    The Gold Rush (Charlie dreams the dance of the rolls for the girls)
    The Wizard of Oz (virtually all dream--and a remarkable one)
    Nightmare on Elm Street (series of films in which Freddie emerges from
        suburban kid dreams into their lives)
    Fantasia  (Mickey dreams up a Sorcerer's Apprentice?)
    Metropolis (see the 1985 Morderer version)  Young Frederson dreams...

Gary Harmon