SCREEN-L Archives

October 2002, Week 3

From:
Barb Kuster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 10:31:21 -0500
Vilas Professorship

The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee invites applications and
nominations for the prestigious Vilas Professorship in the Humanities.
In seeking to fill the Vilas Professorship, our preference is to recruit

someone whose scholarly achievements are in modern culture (e.g.,
literature, cultural studies, intellectual history, film/media,
performance studies).  Specialty is less important than the qualities
the candidate will bring to the university community.

The Vilas Professorship affords generous research and travel support to
a scholar who will continue to produce extraordinary, significant, and
vital research and publication, and who will provide intellectual
leadership within the humanities and the university.

Applications will be reviewed beginning November 15, 2002 and will
continue until the position is filled.

Applications and nominations should be addressed to:
Professor Jane Gallop, Chair,
Vilas Search Committee
Department of English
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Box 413, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53201.

UWM is an AA/EO employer and educator strongly committed to maintaining
a climate supporting equality of opportunity and respect for difference
based on gender, culture, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation,
marital status, race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, age
and lawful activities.  We particularly encourage applications from
individuals who would enhance and diversify our work force.

Please see http://www.uwm.edu/letsci/jobs/ for more information on this
position and UWM.