SCREEN-L Archives

September 2002, Week 3

From:
Ted Friedman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 13:42:11 -0400
I second all this advice, but unfortunately Lingua Franca went under last
year. Does somebody know if another publication runs a similar service? It
seems like the kind of thing the Chronicle of Higher Ed ought to publish
somewhere, but I don't know if it does.

Lingua Franca does have an excellent Guide to Graduate Schools that's still
in print and available from Amazon. It's got some good general advice, and
one section on film studies.

I also recommend another excellent guide to the grad school experience:
Getting What You Came For.

-- Ted Friedman
Assistant Professor
Department of Communication