SCREEN-L Archives

August 2002, Week 4

From:
"M. Cohen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 13:44:03 -0500
 Hello,

I am interested in pursuing research regarding ageism in the media.
Specifically, Ed Asner and other actors, directors, screenwriters, etc. who
have made notable impacts in film and television have formed a coalition and
are suing SAG and AFTRA because of discrimination.  I am curious if anyone
has knowledge of scholarly resources on this topic.  The resources I am
looking for can include information on previous ageism lawsuits in Hollywood
 research on media stereotypes of the elderly, and, similarly, the movie
studios' positions that audiences want to see young actors and actresses.

Thank you,

Matt Cohen