SCREEN-L Archives

May 2002, Week 4

From:
Peter Rollins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 May 2002 12:03:19 EDT
Announcement!

The first of two issues on The Holocaust on Film from Film & History
will be mailed out this week to the four corners of the earth. The full
Table of Contents will be posted on the web site on Tuesday, 28 May
and can be found as an attachment to this message.

32.1 deals with The Holocaust in Feature Films. The next issue,
32.2 will move on to The Holocaust in Documentary Films. We received
many, many deserving articleson The Holocaust, many of which will
be published in a 2001 CD-ROM Annual.

For more information about the journal and our November conference
on The American West(s) in Film, TV, and History, go to our Web
site:

             www.filmandhistory.org

Both issues contain book and film reviews on other topics.

The TOC is attached for those who open attachments these days.

Peter Rollins

Peter C. Rollins
Editor-in-Chief
_Film & History: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Film and TV Studies_
(Web site: www.filmandhistory.org)
RR 3 Box 80
Cleveland, OK 74020
(918)243-7637 and fax 5995

Comments: Individual subscription information on the web site
as well as information and FAQ's about the CD-ROMs. There are
also discussion items and essays on Saving Private Ryan, Amistad,
CNN's Cold War, and a host of other topics. The Table of Contents
for the last thirty years is there as well. The last two issues deal with
The Holocaust in Film.

Next conference is in November, 2002 on The American West(s) in
Film, Television, and History at the Kansas City Marriott, Country Club
Plaza--just a few blocks from the Nelson Art Gallery, a major institution
and just next door to the Kansas City Arts Institute. We are looking for
energetic
people to serve as Area Chairs and will put a list of existing and
available Area Chair topics on the web site this summer.

www.filmandhistory.org

Deadline for proposals is 15 August, 2002. Early proposals
always get the most compatible panels, so do not wait until the
11th hour! The Luncheon is included in the registration fee: speakers
include Ray B. Browne, John Cawelti, and Jack Nachbar with special
focus on the impact of Cawelti's pioneering book, _The Six-Gun Mystique_
(1971).

     Participating authors who have books they wish to have included in the
     display in Kansas City should contact their publisher and make that
     request. The publisher should contact Debby Pitts at The Scholar's
Choice:
     585-262-2048 x108 / [log in to unmask]

Some years back, we produced a wonderful issue on the The
American Frontier in Film and TV and we are going back to the well.
(See Film & History 26.1-4 [1996]: passim.)