SCREEN-L Archives

May 2002, Week 3

From:
Jessica Rosner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 May 2002 20:43:48 -0400
From: Leo Enticknap <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 2002/05/20 Mon PM 02:31:46 EDT
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Reply: film price

'rgb' writes:

>It's [MaxiVision] based on 35mm. It basically *is* 35mm but instead of the
>analog soundtrack taking up space, it's given up for additional picture
>area. Plus, it rolls along at 48 frames per second.

Forgetting the lab issues who in the world could PROJECT This? Other than a specially designed projector I can't see it. The VAST majority of even ART House theaters in the US
can not do ANYTHING other than 24 Frames and not that many can do ANY formats other than 1.85 1.66 and Scope
You seemed to be indicating that this involved some kind
of "commercial" release but you should be aware that the bigger problem than a print is getting any real theater to show whatever it is would be in this format

Good Luck
Jessica