SCREEN-L Archives

March 2002, Week 3

Date:
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 10:23:14 -0500
I am doing a research paper for my Expos writing class.  My topic is
domestic abuse portrayed in film.  My stance is that for the most part
American films tend to ignore the issue; however, when films do explore
the topic it is usually underplayed and toned down.  One way that films
tend to ignore the serious impacts of domestic violence is to ignore the
recovery process.  Hollywood tends to offer a quick short-term solution
that makes everyone happy.  If any of you know of any movies that do cover
the recovery process I would be extremely grateful.  Thank you.

Sean McEwan

P.S.  I am not on the list so if you respond could you reply to my e-mail
address, which is [log in to unmask], Thank you very much.