SCREEN-L Archives

January 2002, Week 3

From:
Sharon Knolle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 11:56:35 -0800
Stanley,
Perhaps you can start here: 'The Complete Directory to Primetime Network &
Cable Shows' by Tim Brooks & Earle Marsh has an entry on movies on TV,
including the networks' regular movie nights, such as Adventure Playouse on the
Dumont network in the 1950s.  According to this book, prior to 1961, networks
did not show movies released later than 1948 to avoid competing with theatrical
releases. After 1961, that rule was relaxed.
Sharon Knolle

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/ScreenSite