SCREEN-L Archives

January 2002, Week 3

From:
Mikhail Gershovich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 21:28:30 -0500
Hello All,

I'm doing some work on Edward Field's poems having to do with movies. I'm having trouble figuring out exactly which movies he's talking about in some of the poems in _Variety Photoplays_.  I'm specifically interested in the following poems:"Sweet Gwendolyn and the Countess," "White Jungle Queen," and "Nancy" (which is presumably about the comics character but I'm not sure if there's ever been a movie based on her). Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Mikhail

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/ScreenSite