SCREEN-L Archives

January 2002, Week 2

From:
Scott Andrew Hutchins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 21:47:58 -0500
There is a company I mentioned having made Yeelen and many other African films available, which may be in Screen-L archives from a
number of years ago. I checked the catalog of the library I got it from, and it claims they have a French tape in SECAM from Fil a
Film, but that's not what I rented. It was in Bambara with yellow English subtitles, and I understand, SECAM plays in black and
white on NTSC machines, so I think there was an error. I know they have black plastic boxes and maroon and white sleeves.

Scott