SCREEN-L Archives

October 2001, Week 3

From:
Sam Umland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 12:17:07 -0500
One of my students broght to my attention an alleged internet rumor that
MGM was going to digitally alter John Carpenter's Escape From New York
prior to releasing the Special Edition DVD later this year or early next.
For those who by chance do not know the film, a group of terrorists hijack
Air Force One and fly it into one of the World Trade Center Towers in an
attempt to kill the President. I've heard no rumors about any possible
influence the film may have had on the terrorists who performed the Sept.
11 attacks (highly unlikely). For those interested in the story, go to:

http://www.dvdfile.com/software/dvd-video/index.html#10172001

best,

Sam Umland
UNK