SCREEN-L Archives

September 2001, Week 3

From:
Magda Jean-Louis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Sep 2001 16:12:32 -0600
My condolences to the victims of Tuesday's attacks.  I received this notice
on Sept. 6, long before Tuesday's destructive events.  I'm not making
excuses for the coldblooded evil that is too cowardly to take
responsibility, but
I can't help wonder if movies that glorify decimating buildings and cities
and stereotype hi-jackers planted the seed that led to this carnage.

October 2 - Tuesday   "Reel Bad Arabs: How Hollywood Vilifies a People"
The Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding Edmund A. Walsh School of
Foreign Service Georgetown University cordially invites you to an afternoon
lecture and reception with Jack G. Shaheen Professor of Mass Communications
Emeritus Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville. Dr. Shaheen will be
discussing his July 2001 publication "Reel Bad Arabs: How Hollywood Vilifies
a People" Interlink Publishing Group; ISBN: 1566563887 Space is limited.
Tuesday, October 2, 2001 4-6 p.m. Georgetown University - Intercultural
Center, 7th Floor - Salaam Conference Room R.S.V.P. Requested by
September21, 2001 phone:  202-687-8059 fax:  202-687-8376
email:[log in to unmask]

Magda