SCREEN-L Archives

May 2001, Week 2

Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 18:00:14 EDT
In a message dated 5/10/01 2:09:57 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< I think in the case of Murnau it is

even more of a sinister case than we can imagine, as Murnau is almost 80

years gone, and the struggle continues to uncover the facts and truth

about an almost, in many respects, forgotten artist. >>

I think the biggest unjustice to Murnau is the legend of the forbidding
Prussian officer. His letters and telegrams that I have seen are full of
warmth and affection -- even to the studio execs. There is much work being
done now and I hope the fruits of this research will come out in the next few
years.

As for Elias Merhige, we met him many years back when we were considering the
distribution of Begotten, and I can't EVER really imagine him doing Charlie's
Angels 2.

Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video
PO Box 128