SCREEN-L Archives

May 2001, Week 2

From:
Greg Oguss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 23:23:46 -0700
Yes, the Jim Shepard book was exactly what I was erroneously thinking of as
the movie's source material. A while back, before it came out, somewhere I
read that this was the film's inspiration.Thanks for setting me straight.

Although with regard to the screenwriter's possible lack of awareness
regarding his own main character...

 >But the writer of the "Shadow" screenplay said in several
interviews that Schreck only made one film which means this writer worked
on the script a full decade without doing some elementary research on a
main character. So what should we expect?

...it seems equally likely this is merely a calculated pose in an attempt
to promote the film along the logical lines suggested by its narrative.

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/ScreenSite