SCREEN-L Archives

May 2001, Week 2

From:
Robert Hunt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 22:55:09 EDT
A brief note/correction: I believe that "Shadow of the Vampire" is an
original screenplay, not based on a novel. The story of Shreck being a
vampire has been tossed around for years, but never in any way substantial
enough to be taken seriously. I've seen the film twice and while I find it
enjoyable, I don't think there's much to it. I wonder if it was made solely
to capitalize on the popularity of "Gods and Monsters" (to my mind a  far
superior film)

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/ScreenSite