SCREEN-L Archives

March 2001, Week 2

From:
Donald Larsson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 09:08:25 -0600
Carol Donelan requests:

> I've just received a paper from a student that I suspect may be
> plagiarized.  Is anyone familiar with a published essay applying Mulvey's
> insights in "Visual Pleasure" to Peckinpah's Straw Dogs?

I don't know if this is a possible source, but there is a dissertation
that analyzes SD in light of Mulvey.  The abstract is at:

http://www.graduate2b.co.uk/dissertation_abstracts/media_studies/cinematic_depiction.htm

You might also try Stephen Prince's SAVAGE CINEMA, about Peckinpah.
The 1995 volume of SIGHT AND SOUND has several articles on Peckinpah,
especially in the October issue.  There's an article by Linda Williams
in the Feb. 1995 issue too.

Don Larsson