SCREEN-L Archives

March 2001, Week 1

From:
Peter Rollins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 09:55:31 EST
Southwest/Texas PCA/ACA Program on web site.
       (www2.h-net.msu.edu/~swpca/)

The 700 speakers at the Southwest/Texas regional
meeting are listed on our web site with the papers
involved.  Another file on the web site lists the various
subject areas.

This is a model meeting and I urge you to see the
variety and intensity of our work in popular culture
studies.

Our speaker this year is Alberta Lee, daughter of
Wen Ho Lee, the accused nuclear spy.  Her focus is
on popular culture forces and how the affected the
investigation and publicity surrounding her father's
headline case.

Ray and Pat Browne will be in attendance at the
meeting as will Jim and Pat Welsh of the Literature/
Film Quarterly.  Paul Rich will host a special reception
for the Puebla meeting of PCA/ACA scheduled for
next October.

We have filled three hotels for this meeting, but the
web site will have all the info summarized, above,
plus details about registration and housing.

Be there or be square!

Peter Rollins, Program Chair and Founder

web site:   SWTexasPCA.org

    or

        www2.h-net.msu.edu/~swpca/