SCREEN-L Archives

March 2001, Week 1

From:
Geraldene Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 20:36:05 +1300
Hi there,

I'm doing some archival research for a documentary about growing up gay in
Auckland, New Zealand during the 50s and 60s.

Sex educations, social guidance, mental hygiene films produced in the U.S
and Canada were a staplewere a staple of the education system in New Zealand
during this time - formative influences for any child in the process of
understanding sexuality.

We've managed to track down copyright and distribution contacts for several
of the films we're looking for (via internet movie archive, archive films,
NFB etc.) - but a couple are eluding us. Wondering if anyone on the list
can help me with dist. c/right contacts for the following:

1. About Sex (1970/2)
Prod. Herman J. Engel
Texture Films
23mins
for Family Planning and Population Information Centre
Syracuse University

2. Frightened Child. 1940s. narrator, Jeff Chandler

Thanks for this.

Best,
Geraldene

Geraldene Peters

PhD Researcher
Department of Film, Television and Media Studies
University of Auckland
Private Bag 92019
Auckland
AOTEAROA/NEW ZEALAND