SCREEN-L Archives

October 2000, Week 4

From:
Robert Inglis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 22:15:01 GMT
Really?? I always thought a closer adaptation of the novel would've made a
better movie, and I wish Cronenberg had been more faithful to the novel and
less to the stylistic methods used in the novel...(Cronenberg's adaptation
applied the novel's mosaic approach to a range of Burroughs's works, but
this introduced a critical self-awareness that always came across as a
little too self-consciously clever for me). Aww, well.  Whatever else you
can say about him, Cronenberg certainly knows how to make a cool-looking
bug.