SCREEN-L Archives

September 2000, Week 2

From:
Peter Rollins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 13:18:11 EDT
Last Chance

Call for Papers

Film & History Sections

Annual Meeting

of the

American Popular Culture
Popular Culture Association

Philadelphia

April 11-14, 2001

(Easter Sunday is April 15)

Film & History-an academic journal now in its 29th year of publication-is
accepting papers for the 2001 Philadelphia meeting of the ACA/PCA.  All
proposals should be e-mailed immediately to Robert Fyne ([log in to unmask]).
(I will be away from 9/13-9/26 or so; please be patient with us...)

The Film & History web site will give participants a good idea
of the approach we take to the study of film:

Papers on the relationship of film to society;
Papers on films as acts of propaganda;
Papers on films as reflections of their times;
The Presidency in Film and TV
    -We will have a workshop on "West Wing" this year.

Deadline: September 26, 2000.

For more information about Film & History, please go to:

http://h-net2.msu.edu/~filmhis/

Robert J. Fyne
63 Wick Drive
Fords, NJ 08863