SCREEN-L Archives

July 2000, Week 1

From:
"Pizzato, Mark" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 12:39:50 -0400
Does anyone know any news (or rumors) on the sudden cause of Kubrick's death
at age 70?  Was he in ill health?  Heart trouble?  This is all I have been
able to find (from news reports on March 8, 1999):

Following a postmortem today, police said Kubrick died of natural causes and
that there were no suspicious circumstances. They said there would be no
inquest, and the family declined to release any details on the cause of death.

Kubrick's final conversation with Warner co-chairman Terry Semel came Sunday
a few hours before he died. The discussion covered the pic's marketing and minor additions to the score."We were laughing, having a terrific time,"
Semel said. "We were all on cloud nine." Kubrick talked about two versions
of an ad for the film as well as a few tweaks.

mp

Mark Pizzato
Dept. of Dance and Theatre
Univ. of North Carolina at Charlotte