SCREEN-L Archives

June 2000, Week 2

From:
Darryl Wiggers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 17:16:35 -0500
Remember, my response was specifically limited to "most North American
movies" (as I stated in my original note) because the original query
related to the soft matte process, which is most prevalent in this region.
It seemed pointless to introduce more international examples.

As for your list... I dare say that the compositional care given to the
visuals of The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai is not quite in the same
league as The Wild Bunch, Lawrence of Arabia, 2001 and good many other 60s
and 70s Hollywood examples. If so, we might as well as add the widescreen
anamorphic, 2.35:1 aspect ratio of Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/ScreenSite