SCREEN-L Archives

June 2000, Week 2

From:
Lang Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 21:51:42 -0400
>Is this version censored or not?  I assume the UK is as prudish as the US,
>and I'd have to get one from the continent.

There were news reports that some of the music was religious (Hindi?) and
due to some complaints would be replaced in Europe.  I've never been able
to confirm whether that was actually done but if so it would mean that none
of the US or European video releases is intact (or as intact as Kubrick
left it when he died anyway).

LT

Adventures In Sound
http://wlt4.home.mindspring.com/adventures.htm