SCREEN-L Archives

May 2000, Week 4

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2000 13:33:19 -0500
>----------------- Original message (ID=A16782B5) (25 lines)
>-------------------
>Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 11:45:44 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Christopher Morris <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Resources for interdisciplinary film course
>
>         Together with some colleagues at my college, I'm developing a
> "generic"
>interdisciplinary, team-taught film course that could be taught in any
>given semester by colleagues from, say, English and history, psychology
>and political science, etc.  Specific courses would be proposed each
>semester and generally be on thematic topics like "Race in America,"
>"The Road Film," "America at War, " etc.
>         Could anyone help me find resources that would help my group?  I'm
>thinking particularly of helpful web-sites, syllabi, book-lists, etc.

You'll find a big ol' pile of syllabi on ScreenSite--a site devoted to
resources for film/TV teachers and students.

For ScreenSite:

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/screensite

For the syllabus page:

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/screensite/teach/syl

Regards,

----
Jeremy Butler
http://www.tcf.ua.edu/jbutler
Telecommunication & Film/University of Alabama/Tuscaloosa/AL