SCREEN-L Archives

May 2000, Week 2

Date:
Tue, 9 May 2000 19:55:31 -0500
I have heard this about _Star Wars_ being the first, but it isn't true.  I
can think of _Tommy_ (1975) right off as an example.  Perhaps _Star Wars_
was the first AMERICAN film to do this.

All three Evil Dead films lack opening credits, as does Raimi's
_Crimewave_, although in _Army of Darkness_, Bruce Campbell is credited at
the beginning "Bruce Campbell vs. Army of Darkness."

Scott Andrew Hutchins
http://php.iupui.edu/~sahutchi
Cracks in the Fourth Wall Filmworks/Oz, Monsters, Kamillions, and More!
(with special musical guest Leila Josefowicz)

"Who's John Adams?"  --Vice President Albert Gore, Jr., at Monticello,
after failing to recognize busts of other founding fathers.