SCREEN-L Archives

May 2000, Week 2

Date:
Tue, 9 May 2000 19:51:04 -0500
My tape of _Destroy All Monsters starts in 2.35 and goes to about 1.85
after the credits.  It is from Pan Asia Video, not the ADVision version,
which might not even be legal, so that may account for it.  It uses the
Toho International print with credfits at the beginning and a bored
dubbing cast.  I also have a boot that is so high quality it looks
professionally done, even though it's pan and scan, which has the AIP-TV
dubbing, which is far better, even though I don't like dubbing to begin
with.  I don't know if the ADVision transfer of the film, which I don't
have, has this same oddity.

Scott Andrew Hutchins
http://php.iupui.edu/~sahutchi
Cracks in the Fourth Wall Filmworks/Oz, Monsters, Kamillions, and More!
(with special musical guest Leila Josefowicz)

"Who's John Adams?"  --Vice President Albert Gore, Jr., at Monticello,
after failing to recognize busts of other founding fathers.