SCREEN-L Archives

May 2000, Week 2

Date:
Tue, 9 May 2000 15:41:36 +0200
Yes, Crooklyn. It's when the family goes down south to visit
relatives. But it's not actually a change of ratio, because the screen is
just as wide. But these scenes are filmed with an anamorphic lens, and
then shown in standard wide-screen, making the picture compressed
horisontaly. It was used, I believe, to give it a claustorphobic
feeling. Of corse, it didn't work at all.

Staalen.