SCREEN-L Archives

April 2000, Week 5

From:
marioncrane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Apr 2000 13:52:24 +0100
To all members:

I am currently working on a project concerning Pasolini's "The Gospel
According to St. Matthew" ("Vangelo Secondo Matteo"). I would appreciate any
information pertaining to the question: Can claims that it was a return to
Neo-Realist style be justified?

Any other information/comments on this film (particularly the first ten
minutes), or Rossellini's Catholicism (from a neo-realist angle) would be
very much appreciated.

Thankyou.

Sheridan Collier

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/ScreenSite